Quick and Easy Chocolate Chia Pudding
I absolutely love chia pudding! It is creamy and light and has so many great nutrients. Even better yet - you don't have to turn on the oven. I like to make this pudding on days when I need a sweet treat to reward myself after a hard workout!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
2 Tbsps of cocoa powder
3 Cups of coconut milk
1 Tsp of vanilla extract
3 Tbsps of maple syrup
1/3 cup of chia seeds
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix cocoa powder, vanilla extract and maple syrup with a whisk until it becomes the consistency of chocolate syrup. Another way to make this even more delicious is to add about 1 Tbsp of creamy peanut butter.
2. Slowly stir in the coconut milk until well incorporated. If you prefer, you can use regular low fat milk in place of coconut milk
3. Mix in the chia seeds and stir well
4. Let set for about 4 hours, mixing the pudding every hour if possible so the seeds do not settle on the bottom of the bowl.
5. Top with a small dollop of whipped cream or some fresh berries and enjoy!
Jessica's Health Tips: I know that I have talked about the power of chia seeds in past blogs. These tiny seeds are packed with a ton of great nutrients. They have omega 3 fatty acids and lots of healthy protein. In addition, the pudding contains cocoa which is one of the greatest sources of polyphenols which are naturally occurring antioxidants!